Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The Journey, Pt. 2...

So where was I...Oh yeah. So... My car fully loaded with everything imaginable, we climb in, say our final "See ya later!'s" and we hit the road. The trip was amazing... and beautiful... and scary at times. Never again do I want to drive all the way across Nebraska, Wyoming, Idaho, or Iowa... It's just not pleasant. And someone please shoot me if I ever get an idea in my head that east Oregon is a good place to be. I promise, it isn't.

But, 3 days later, we're close! Almost getting rammed in Portland. That was a fun experience! I think people out here mistake the two O's on my license plates as being bull's eyes. We get into town, and find the place... All we can think is, "It will look better in the morning... It has to look better in the morning...Right?" And boy did it...

I've been here 3 weeks now, and I know a part of me is falling in love. Ohio will always be Home Sweet Home... but this place. The vineyards, the people, the coffee *grin*... Its growing on me. I drive to and from work and I see mountains, vineyards, pastures... The small towns I pass through have so much character, and so many shops that I can't wait to take mom into when she comes to visit. It rains quite a bit, but much like Ohio, the weather can change every 5 minutes. Pouring, to bright and sunny, to bright and sunny while pouring..

I miss my family, my friends, my puppy...But when it all shakes down, I like it here. I think I'm gonna be ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment