Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Foods and such...

I have decided that in order to keep up with my blogging... I'll make it a point to tell about the foods that I find myself making on a daily basis. 

So today... it was Patty Melts. 
How? Well... since you asked: 

I started by making regular hamburger patties, seasoning them with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. After they were fully cooked, I put them on buttered bread and cooked them again just like you would a grilled cheese sandwich. Along with the meat, I had diced caramelized onions, slices off of a block of sharp cheddar cheese (a favorite around here, hehe) and also some shredded cheese, an Italian blend I believe. Pull them off when they are nice and golden, and the cheese is all melty, carefully pour on some thousand island dressing, and you're good to go! 

They were very yummy... and he may have just been trying to give me the big head about it, but Chris liked them so much he said we should start selling them. It was his idea to make them... but my execution.. and he claims they were just what he was drooling over the other night when he was thinking about them. I'm simply glad I could make them the correct way for him! Hehe. 

Much loves! 
-S.

1 comment:

  1. I love you! I seen that you made them on FB and I hadnt ate in several hours and my mouth was watering for a patty melt... NTM I am not a fan of patty melts, I might just have to go get me one!! I would make one myself but who has time for that!? Do they ship well? :) Miss you!

    ReplyDelete