Monday, December 13, 2010

Of all the things...

... that would remind me of home, I'm watching an episode of Ghost Hunters and I find myself tearing up because they are in Mansfield, OH. They showed them on the roads and I felt my heart wrench a little. Not to say that I'm not happy here, I am. But that doesn't mean that I don't miss home, and my family. So as I sit here crying a little, the only things that I want more than Chris home to hug me is to feel the touch of my mom's hand on my cheek, to hug my grandma and my great aunt and my dad, to cuddle up with my puppy, and to know my family is close enough for me to see in a single day. I knew there would be days like this but that doesn't make it easier and I wouldn't change my decision for anything. I just need a teleporter. *nodnod*

I had a slight surprise today! My phone has been giving me issues the last week or so, but today my "o" key started working again! I was so excited! God is soo good! Not to mention I got 3, count'em 3, Christmas cards in the mail all in the same day! And Chris got one of his own. I know he'll be super tired when he gets home, but he'll be excited to see it.

My desire to lose weight has been renewed, and at this point, from when I started losing in February, I am down 33 pounds. :D... I still have quite a bit to lose, but it will happen. I'm determined. First order of business... lots more water and cranberry juice, and a lot less regular soda.

I should really be sleeping about now, I have work in the morning again at 10:30 am. But its hard for me to sleep when he isn't here, so I'll wait up until he gets home and then I'll drift off quietly, peacefully.

Oh! Update.... I got my days off approved for the end of December and beginning of January for the Cali trip. I'm so excited! It's been almost a year since he has been home, and it makes me happy to know that he'll get to be home in just a couple weeks. God is moving big with the plans, and I know that his scheduling manager will do his best to make it so he has the days off. Now if only I could make up my hours for the days I was given off... Hmm. God's a big God.

Mmm... I want something, but I don't know what. I know, really helpful for the weight loss thing, lol. I suppose its a good thing that I don't have any money to go get something.

I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment