Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Simple Excitements and Doors

There are many things in my day to day life that remind me how lucky and, above all, blessed that I have the life I do filled with the people that God has placed there for me. Things aren't always easy, but they are always worth it.

For example... After this week, I only have 2 days of work next week, and then a 30 hour week the first week in January. It makes me a little nervous, but it gives us the opportunity to turn what was going to be a 5 day trip (2 driving to and from, 3 actually visiting) into a 7 day trip (still 2 driving, but 5 visiting!) God has a plan for everything and I know that it will all be worked out. After Christmas, Chris won't be working at Walmart any more. His position was a seasonal temp and our store isn't keeping any of its temp associates it seems. While this is sad news, I have to believe that it just means that another door will be opening up soon and he will be in a better atmosphere that is more suited for him. Not that he doesn't like the guys at work, but its not something that he enjoyed doing. Just say a little prayer that the timing for the door will be soon.... we know its always perfect. There is a plan that we are trying to start into motion but its not ready for other ears... er, eyes rather in this case... just yet.

So as I was sitting on my break at work today, I was once again people watching. This time my subject was a little blonde girl, maybe 2 years old, looking at the toys that we have along the cart rail shelf as you first come into the store. Of course they are placed so the best toys for her age were right at her eye level. She would push a button on one of the toys and giggle... then run to another and push a button on it and giggle again, take a step back and eye up the aisle, her eyes landing on her next victim she would half dance, half run over to see what sound or light would come on that time. It made me smile as I remembered what it was like to have the pure and simple excitement as a child. It also made me think how fun it will be in the future whenever I have one of my own. I know it will happen, but not for a few years at least.

God is amazing. I've known that my whole life. However, sometimes the things that we have known need to be refreshed in our minds. We finally made it back to church last Sunday after being MIA for about a month due to work, illness, and a morning of laziness. It was a nice sermon about Radical Love... and how many Kings would ever lay down their crowns to die for someone else. There was a song that was sang during worship, Lord of Heaven and Earth. A song that I have known for years, and that they have used in worship a time or two since we've been attending there. But last night before he went to sleep, he needed to hear it. It had been stuck in his head all day and was the only thing that got him through the day. I almost cried. He isn't perfect, no one is. But to have the desire, the want to work towards being a more Godly man, I'm so blessed. He says that I remind him to be a better person, but he has no idea how much better I am because of him. I can't remember when I have been happier, felt safer, more loved, more cherished. There are still things that we need to work on.. to change to follow God's word. But we're working on them, and doing so together.

And for a final thought... I had a customer come up to me today at the service desk and after asking me about where to find paper mache materials, he/she asked "What is it that makes me not look like a woman?".... My only thought... I don't get paid enough for this...

No comments:

Post a Comment