Friday, November 12, 2010

Dead Batteries and Random Messages...

My car... my lovely little car... why must you aggravate me so? This isn't the first time... and you trick me into thinking you won't do it again, yet you always seem to. You think I would learn...
So my day... work was from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm as a cashier. Not too bad, we were pretty busy so the day was zooming past! I get told its lunch time! Woohoo! So.. I grab my stuff, I get my purse, my keys... I'm heading to my sweet (or so it lets me think) little Kia, I press the Unlock button, and.... nothing happens. Great. I know where this is heading due to it not being the first time. That pretty little car that brought me some 2300 miles across the U.S. of A., has once again decided to keep its lights on (they're automatic, or suppose to be) and run down my poor battery. *sigh* So now my nice, easy going, fast paced day... has screeched to a halt. Frustration in my voice, I call my Momma.
"It happened again... my battery is dead."
"I'm sorry baby. Do you think you need a new one?"
"No... its just the thing with the lights..I'm gonna see if it might recharge itself a bit before my lunch is over."
"Ok... but can you call Chris? Would he be able to help?"
"Yeah, I'm gonna call him now. I just ... I'm just frustrated."
.....

*ring*ring*ring*

"What's up, Honey?"
"First of all, I'm sorry..."
"For.. what?"
"I need you to come to McMinnville when I get off at 4:30..."
*concerned voice* "What happened to your car?"
"Its dead."
"Dead how?"
"The battery... my lights... it will ding with the key but it won't turn over. I'm sorry... "
"Don't even worry about it. Its what I'm here for. I'll be there when you get off work. Not a big deal. *pause*    What time do I need to leave here to be there by 4:30?"


And that ... is one of the many things that make me smile daily. Nothing is a huge deal, nothing is out of the way, nothing is out of reach. I'm never a burden, and even when I do mess something up, we laugh about it. And God is so good... there was a space open right next to my car when he got there and the batteries are on opposite sides of the vehicles so they were positioned perfectly.

And then my phone started to freak out... but... all is well now!

On a slightly different note, I woke up around 5 am and checked my phone, as is my habit, to find a message on yahoo that made me smile and almost cry. "....I actually consider you a true friend. One of my best friends." from one that I have yet to meet in person. I'm excited for that chance! And Sir.. I'm honored to be able to call you "friend."

No comments:

Post a Comment