Monday, November 1, 2010

Such simple words...

...who knew they could almost make me cry. Since leaving for Oregon, I have only talked to my dad through Yahoo messenger, and a few texts. Chatting with him before work the other day he said the simplest thing. "Call me sometime." and I about burst into tears. I've yet to figure this one out, but the closest that I've come is that sometimes I feel like it doesn't matter if I talk to him or not in his mind. Don't get me wrong, I know it does. And I've never doubted that he loves me. It's just sometimes, I wonder if he's satisfied enough with our text conversations. It's nice to know that he still would like to actually talk...that he wouldn't be burdened. And yes, I know he's my father, and I'm not a burden.... its hard to explain.

Anyway...

Church was a good time this morning. The pastor has a way of preaching that I've seen in few. He's relaxed, easy going, funny... and he makes his point. This week he was teaching on Obeying the Law, Mat 5:17-20, and how so many times we hear people say that "That was old testament, it doesn't apply to today" but in verse 17 it states that He didn't come to abolish the old ways...and that the pastor, after studying on it for more that 2 weeks, came to the answer of that God wants us, has always wanted us, to keep the Spirit of the laws he put forth. That since the old testament days, he has broadened them and made them deeper. 3 weeks in... I like it there. It's starting to feel like "home." And I can't tell you how amazing it is to not have to fight someone to go to church with me...or to defend myself against another about why I think its important to go. God has blessed me, and I'm thankful more and more every passing day for what He's done for me, and given me. <3

Tomorrow... or today I suppose.. November 1st. This amazing Monday. Oxymoron? Nah.. I have it off. *smile* Therefore, its amazing! Friday is Chris's 23rd birthday. How exciting, right? I'm excited. I have that day off too, so I'm going to get up and make breakfast. My signature, of course! Bacon, biscuits and gravy, fried apples and smoked sausage... yum! I can taste it already. But, that means I have to go to the store later (maybe...) and get the stuff to make it.

*yawn* I suppose my pillow isn't suppose to talk? Even though I can hear it calling my name... But that's just silly... pillows don't have mouths.

No comments:

Post a Comment